From Science to High Technologies and Gender Sensitive Science Communication
13-15 August 2022
The research and innovation camp “From Science to High Technologies and Gender Sensitive Science Communication” was organized in the Ivanova Korita area (Old capital Cetinje) on 13-15 August 2022 with the participation of 15 high school pupils and 10 university students from Montenegro and abroad. With the mentorship of experts, high school students created new ideas, pointing out the importance of the joint action of scientists, media, and businesspeople in improving the quality of life of the entire community. The innovation camp resulted in the presentation of ten business plans with the tendency of exponential development on the national and regional market.
Winning team & solution:
“Be heard” – a mobile application where women can anonymously or non-anonymously share the stories where they felt gender discrimination in the society.
© Valentina Spiric (student), Andrija Glomazic (student) and Marko Brnovic (student)
App “Be heard” is a mobile application where women can anonymously or non-anonymously share the stories where they felt gender discrimination in the society. It is split into subsections about gender inequality at work, in family and in public places and institutions.
The purpose of this app is to create a platform where women feel comfortable to share their stories. Through the app, non-governmental organizations for gender equality and other relevant institutions could concentrate their actions according to frequent real problems in society. Also, another added benefit on our society would come from men reading about the effect that their words and actions could have on women.
In a way, this app will work like an open question survey with an unlimited number of respondents and, what’s more, younger people would be more willing to learn about these issues on an app rather than online forums.
Testimonials from participants
- “The camp helped us a lot to crystallize the future vision of the development of our idea.” Aleksandra Milic, participant
- “It meant a lot to us for the knowledge we gained at the camp for our future work on this or another idea.” Stefan Bojovic, participant
- “If there were more camps like this, I’m sure they would turn our ideas into real businesses much faster.” Isidora Stanisic, participant
- “I am enchanted by what I have seen here. So many young and wonderful people who want to change the world with their ideas is fascinating.” Prof. Silvana Andric, jury member
- “I am completely satisfied with the ideas I have seen here today. They are of the same quality and quality as many that I have encountered in Europe and beyond.” Djuro Stojanovic, jury member
- “We are very satisfied that everything was organized exactly as we imagined, and that young people were given the opportunity to express their ideas and show their potential.” Jasna Zekovic, moderator and facilitator