Who are we looking for?
- Be between 15 and 29 years of age
- Have an interest in gender equality, innovation or tech
- No specific experience required (experience with entrepreneurship, innovation, or community development will be considered an asset)
The role of Young People’s Reference Group (YPRG) in the EQUALS-EU:
- Provide a youth perspective on the development of the key activities and results of the EQUALS-EU project
- Take the first-hand role in shaping the future of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Europe
- Provide an opportunity for EQUALS-EU to reach young people through new dissemination channels
- Provide direct insights and perspectives on issues facing children and youth in gender equity and influence the EQUALS-EU activities and outputs
- Contribute to real change in their communities
- Learn new advocacy approaches
Progress towards gender equality in Europe is moving slowly, and key dimensions have worsened . The EU’s Gender Equality Strategy 2020-2025 calls for a Europe where everyone is equal and where women and girls have equal opportunities to participate and thrive in society.
EQUALS-EU is a three-year project to promote gender-inclusive innovation in Europe. Supported by the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme, the project builds on the achievements of the EQUALS GLOBAL Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Age. The United Nations International Telecommunication Union manages the partnership dedicated to promoting gender balance in the technology sector by championing equality of access, skills development and career opportunities.
One of the central focuses of the project is to involve young people in redefining gender equity policy and practice. In a nutshell, this is going to be achieved through the co-innovation process implemented at innovation camps and hackathons in 22 European countries, continued with a six-month incubator program focused on gender-inclusive entrepreneurship for the best teams from competitions which enable developing winning ideas into start-ups and a one-month boot camp for future leaders in gender-inclusive innovation to complete the development of the 24 female lead start-ups.
Read more about the project here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Dr Anthony Giannoumis (project leader) or Helene Rogne (project coordinator):
Dr. Anthony Giannoumis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helene Rogne: email@example.com